Crispiest Greek Lemon Potatoes Recipe (Patates Lemonates)
Best Greek lemon potatoes recipe! Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside with yummy lemon-y flavor. All the secrets to roast the perfect Greek potatoes
- 7 Large Cyprus Potatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 150 ml Olive Oil ¾ Cup
- 150 ml Water ¾ Cup
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F
- To prepare these extra crispy Greek lemon potatoes, cut the potatoes into wedges and place them on a large metal roasting pan. Into a bowl add the remaining ingredients (including the semolina and the 150ml of water) and blend; pour the semolina-lemon mixture over the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until a nice golden crust has formed on the potatoes; turn them out of the oven, toss them a little bit to bring them upside down, sprinkle with a pinch of oregano and put back into the oven for another 30-40 minutes. If all of the liquid has been absorbed and the pan appears to be getting dry, add 1/4-1/2 of a cup hot water into the pan or some extra lemon mixture, before they have fully browned
- The secret for these extra crispy Greek lemon potatoes is to sprinkle the potatoes with some semolina, as it helps to form a nice golden crust around them. Don’t be afraid of over baking them- they will become even more delicious!